Julie Nachman, LMSW
Julie can help you through challenging times and is not afraid of exploring BIG feelings. She has a unique understanding of interpersonal neurobiology especially regarding the neurodevelopmental consequences of trauma exposure and what that means on all levels. She will work collaboratively with you to gain a deeper understanding through self-study and she will reflect back to you your courage, strength and unique insight. It is her intention to provide such support in a safe and accepting environment and she is extremely honored and touched to have the opportunity to travel alongside those who continue towards a path of healing and well-being. She serves individuals and couples. She also provides psychoeducation training and process groups for parents, teachers and professionals. Her approach stems from diverse relationship-based and holistic models as well as conventional therapeutic approaches. She greatly values empowering others with Mindful Self-Compassion.
Please call Julie if you think she can be of any assistance.
Julie Nachman, LMSW
Supervised by Steve Milan, LCSW
~ you struggle with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and life transitions.
~ barriers are getting in the way of healthy relationships due to recent or childhood trauma exposure.
~ you are a caregiver of children struggling with trauma and attachment issues.
~ you want to move toward repairing relationships.
~ you seek growth in interpersonal relating.
~ are interested in scheduling psychoeducational training workshops.
- Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) http://self-compassion.org/
- Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) https://child.tcu.edu/about-us/tbri/#sthash.5KfRuzBU.dpbs
- Hakomi Body-Centered Psychotherapy http://www.hakomiinstitute.com/
- Biofeedback http://www.bcia.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3691
- Masters of Social Work, License #64003
- Texas Teacher Certification K-12
- Texas ESL Certification
- Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Teacher Training Candidate
- Biofeedback Certification Institute of America (BCIA) Neurofeedback Certification Candidate
- Currently Practicing Therapist and Parent Educator, supervised by Steve Milan, LCSW, Sol Community Counseling, Austin TX. 2016-current
- Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant Intern, Austin Child Guidance Center, Austin TX. 2015
- EEG Biofeedback Clinician , KidWorks Children’s Therapy, Austin, TX. 2010-2012
- Classroom Teacher: ESL and General Education – Richardson ISD, Richardson, TX. 1993 – 1997, Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX. 1998 – 2000
- Adjunct Faculty: World Languages, Cultures & Communication Dept., Richland Community College, Richardson, TX. 1995 – 1997