SCC TherapistsSchedule an Appointment
”I am a Hope Dealer”
Experience the Power of Mindful Self-Compassion to Renew Your Life.
Kathleen is a good fit for you if:
- Past trauma or addictive behaviors are keeping you from the fulfillment you seek.
- Anxiety or depression are hindering you from living your passion.
- You are willing to engage mind, body and spirit to go beyond traditional talk therapy.
Modality & Method
- Kathleen helps you learn to quiet your mind and let go of self-limiting beliefs through Self-Compassion.
- Kathleen uses Mindfulness and Meditation practice to help you be present and accepting of any situation in the moment.
- Through body awareness and simple practices, Kathleen help clients break through obstacles created by trauma and separation.
- Kathleen supports you to live a more authentic life by letting go of addictive and other negative thoughts and behaviors.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC)
- Art Therapy
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Body-based Trauma Therapy
Kathleen has provided counseling for adolescents, adults, seniors, couples and families including:
- Those who seek greater fulfillment in life and who want to discover and live out their passion.
- People who suffer from anxiety and depression.
- Clients who struggle with addiction and other repetitive negative behaviors.
- Childhood trauma victims including sexual trauma.
- Women and men who are victims of domestic violence including verbal abuse.
- LGBTQ clients and their families.
- Seniors and others who are facing end of life or are grieving the loss of a loved one.
Compassion for Self is a private practice owned and operated by Kathleen Womansong, LPC, LCDC. The practice is the culmination of prayer, intention and personal growth in Kathleen’s own journey to finding and implementing her own life’s purpose. Kathleen believes that all persons have unique gifts and a unique purpose. With support and encouragement, every being can identify and carry out their purpose as a contributing citizen of the universe. Kathleen encourages and supports others to open their heart more fully to a benevolent power of their own choosing.
The mission of Compassion for Self is to offer hope and support to individuals and groups in their personal journey of awakening body, mind and spirit through mindful self-compassion and acceptance, body awareness and spiritual connection.